Coconut’s biggest beauty benefit isn’t just making your body sprays and shampoos smell yummy. The same coconut oil used for cooking has tons of surprising beauty benefits.
1. Natural deodorant. Apply coconut oil to the areas you sweat the most, or make your own homemade deodorant stick with coconut oil, shea butter, baking soda, and arrowroot. Get the full DIY deodorant recipe here!
2. Eye makeup remover. Soak a cotton ball in the oil and swipe to remove stubborn, waterproof makeup.
3. Hydrating deep conditioner. Mix one cup of hot water and two tablespoons of coconut oil (use more if your hair is longer). Once the coconut oil settles, massage it onto your scalp and hair, comb it through with a wide-toothed comb, wrap it into a bun, and put a shower cap over it. Let it sit for an hour, then rinse thoroughly with warm water for shiny, beautiful hair!
4. Cuticle cream. Applying coconut oil directly onto your cuticles helps soften them andstrengthens your nails!
5. Exfoliator. Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a jar for a DIY exfoliator that’ll leave your skin glowing.
6. Zipper Fixer. Dip a cotton swab into coconut oil and rub it on a jammed zipper to loosen it up.
7. Body moisturizer. Coconut oil will soften your skin and treat cracked heels and dry elbows.
8. De-frizzer. Applying a small amount of coconut oil to your ends and throughout your hair leaves it shiny and sleek.
9. Natural lip balm. It helps heal dry, chapped lips in no time!
10. Sunburn soother. Rubbing coconut oil directly onto a sunburn soothes it and helps to heal it at the same time.
11. Natural shaving cream. Slather some on your legs, and you’ll notice that your skin will feel incredibly smooth after you shave!
12. Highlighter. After you put your makeup on, swipe a tiny amount on your cheeks and the bridge of your nose to get beautiful glowing skin.
13. Flyaway tamer. Massage it onto your scalp and throughout your strands, and you won’t have annoying flyaways.
14. Face mask. Mix equal parts coconut oil and raw honey, and apply it directly onto your face. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water. Your skin will be glowing and super smooth!
15. Makeup brush cleaner. Microwave a few tablespoons of coconut oil for about 30 seconds, then dip your brushes in it. Rub them on a paper towel to remove the makeup, and rinse under warm water. Coconut oil has anti-fungal benefits, so it will help keep your brushes bacteria-free.
16. Scar treatment. The vitamin E and antioxidants in the oil help heal scars and smooth out skin for a clearer complexion.